A condensed, easier-to-understand student version of the acclaimed Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, Tietz Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 7th Edition uses a laboratory perspective in providing the clinical chemistry fundamentals you need to work in a real-world, clinical lab. Coverage ranges from laboratory principles to analytical techniques and instrumentation, analytes, pathophysiology, and more. New content keeps you current with the latest developments in molecular diagnostics. From highly respected clinical chemistry experts Carl Burtis and David Bruns, this textbook shows how to select and perform diagnostic lab tests, and accurately evaluate results.
- Authoritative, respected author team consists of two well-known experts in the clinical chemistry world.
- Coverage of analytical techniques and instrumentation includes optical techniques, electrochemistry, electrophoresis, chromatography, mass spectrometry, enzymology, immunochemical techniques, microchips, automation, and point of care testing.
- Learning objectives begin each chapter, providing measurable outcomes to achieve after completing the material.
- Key words are listed and defined at the beginning of each chapter, and bolded in the text.
- A glossary at the end of the book makes it quick and easy to look up definitions of key terms.
- More than 500 illustrations plus easy-to-read tables help you understand and remember key concepts.
- New chapters on molecular diagnostics include the principles of molecular biology, nucleic acid techniques and applications, and genomes and nucleic acid alterations, reflecting the changes in this rapidly evolving field.
- New content on clinical evaluation of methods, kidney function tests, and diabetes is added to this edition.
- NEW multiple-choice review questions at the end of each chapter allow you to measure your comprehension of the material.
- NEW case studies on the Evolve companion website use real-life scenarios to reinforce concepts.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Immunology & Serology in Laboratory Medicine (IMMUNOLOGY & SEROLOGY IN LABORATORY MEDICINE ( TURGEON))
- Clinical Laboratory Hematology (3rd Edition) (Pearson Clinical Laboratory Science Series)
- Bailey & Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology
- Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology
- Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology (Mahon, Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology)
- Molecular Diagnostics: Fundamentals, Methods and Clinical Applications
- Clinical Hematology and Fundamentals of Hemostasis
- Clinical Hematology Atlas
- Modern Blood Banking & Transfusion Practices
- Urinalysis and Body Fluids
*If this is not the "Tietz Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics (Fundamentals of Clinical Chemist" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 20, 2023 13:40 +08.