Everything readers ever wanted to know about deadly viruses, killer parasites, flesh-eating microbes, and other lifethreatening beasties but were afraid to ask
What disease, known as "the White Death" has killed 2 billion people, and counting?
What fatal disease lurks undetected in air conditioners and shower heads, waiting to become airborne?
How lethal is the Ebola virus, and will there ever be a cure for it?
How do you catch flesh-eating bacteria?
Killer Germs takes readers on a fascinating (sometimes horrifying) journey into the amazing world of viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi, and worms and explores the roles they have played in shaping the course of human history. From biblical plagues, to the AIDS crisis, to supergerms of the future, this updated and revised edition of the original covers the whole gamut of diseases that have threatened humanity since its origins.
It also includes a new chapter on the history of bioterrorism and the deplorable role it has played and is likely to play in the phenomenal diversity of diseases.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Germ Laboratory
- Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body
- The Atlas of Disease: Mapping deadly epidemics and contagion from the plague to the zika virus
- Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic
- Biohazard: The Chilling True Story of the Largest Covert Biological Weapons Program in the World--Told from Inside by the Man Who Ran It
- Viruses, Plagues, and History: Past, Present and Future
- The Woman with a Worm in Her Head: And Other True Stories of Infectious Disease
- The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World Out of Balance
- Pandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond
*If this is not the "Killer Germs" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Feb 5, 2023 23:50 +08.