Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is now the most common cause of chronic liver disease in North America.
Some people with excess fat in the liver simply have what's called a fatty liver. Although this is not normal, it's not serious if it doesn't lead to inflammation or damage. However, once there's a buildup of simple fat, the liver becomes vulnerable to injury which may result in inflammation and scarring of the liver. Others have what's called Nonalcoholic Steatohepatisis (NASH). Although it is similar to alcoholic liver disease, people with this type of fatty liver disease drink little or no alcohol. NASH can lead to permanent liver damage, as the liver may enlarge and, over time, liver cells may be replaced by scar tissue. This is called cirrhosis.
Unfortunately both types of NAFLD are becoming more common. Up to 20 percent of adults may have either fatty liver or NASH. One of the most common causes of fatty liver disease is obesity as well as Diabetes Mellitus. More than 6 million children have one of these conditions, which are most common in Asian and Hispanic children.
Based on the most current and comprehensive information available, the authors have created this indispensable guide for anyone living with and managing fatty liver disease. There is extensive information on the causes of NAFLD, the symptoms and signs, and the treatment options like medications, exercise and diet. Because diet plays such a major role in managing the condition, there are 75 specially selected recipes that contribute to a well-balanced diet that is low in saturated fats and high in fiber.
- Robert Rose
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Fatty Liver: Recipes And Guide To Prevent And Reverse Fatty Liver, Lose Weight And Live Longer
- Fatty Liver Diet Cookbook: 100 Recipes To Reverse Fatty Liver Disease, Lose Weight And Regain Your Health
- Fatty Liver: You Can Reverse It
- Fatty Liver Cookbook & Diet Guide: 85 Most Powerful Recipes to Avert Fatty Liver & Lose Weight Fast
- Fatty Liver: Best Recipes And Guide To Prevent, Cure And Reverse Fatty Liver Diseases, Lose Weight & Live Healthier
- Fatty Liver Diet: Guide And Healthy Recipes To Help Lose Weight And Reverse Fatty Liver
- The Liver Healing Diet: The MD's Nutritional Plan to Eliminate Toxins, Reverse Fatty Liver Disease and Promote Good Health
- Skinny Liver: A Proven Program to Prevent and Reverse the New Silent Epidemic--Fatty Liver Disease
- The Liver Cleansing Diet: Love Your Liver and Live Longer
- The First Year: Cirrhosis: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
*If this is not the "Healing Fatty Liver Disease: A Complete Health and Diet Guide, Including 100 Recipes" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jan 27, 2023 18:53 +08.