Kadir Nelson's Heart and Soul is the winner of numerous awards, including the 2012 Coretta Scott King Author Award and Illustrator Honor, and the recipient of five starred reviews.
The story of America and African Americans is a story of hope and inspiration and unwavering courage. This is the story of the men, women, and children who toiled in the hot sun picking cotton for their masters; it's about the America ripped in two by Jim Crow laws; it's about the brothers and sisters of all colors who rallied against those who would dare bar a child from an education. It's a story of discrimination and broken promises, determination, and triumphs.
Told through the unique point of view and intimate voice of a one-hundred-year-old African-American female narrator, this inspiring book demonstrates that in gaining their freedom and equal rights, African Americans helped our country achieve its promise of liberty and justice—the true heart and soul of our nation.
Supports the Common Core State Standards
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors
- Moses: When Harriet Tubman Led Her People to Freedom (Caldecott Honor Book)
- Henry's Freedom Box: A True Story from the Underground Railroad
- The Undefeated
- We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball
- Nelson Mandela
- Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Freedom Over Me: Eleven Slaves, Their Lives and Dreams Brought to Life by Ashley Bryan (Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor Books)
- The Other Side
- He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
*If this is not the "Heart and Soul: The Story of America and African Americans (Coretta Scott King Award - Author Winner" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Mar 23, 2023 12:36 +08.