Wide awake hand surgery (WALANT) represents a breakthrough in surgery of the hand and upper extremity. It can be performed with no preoperative testing, no intravenous insertion, and no monitoring. Like a dental procedure, the patient simply gets up and goes home after the procedure.
Presented in an easy-to-read, bullet-point format, Wide Awake Hand Surgery guides surgeons through all aspects of WALANT. The book covers a wide variety of topics including minimal pain injection of local anesthesia, nerve and tendon decompression, wrist surgery, repair of lacerated tendons, tendon transfers, finger fractures, lacerated nerves, metacarpal fractures, arthritis surgery and complex reconstructions in hand surgery.
The book includes more than 150 step-by-step surgical and instructional videos as well as numerous color clinical photographs. Color drawings clearly guide the surgeon to the correct anatomic locations for anesthetic injections, and the book includes an atlas of tumescent local anesthesia distribution anatomy. Featuring a complimentary eBook, this valuable resource offers chapters written by worldwide experts, making it the definitive guide to wide awake hand surgery.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Operative Techniques: Hand and Wrist Surgery
- Operative Techniques in Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Surgery
- Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery
- Nerve Surgery
- Green's Operative Hand Surgery, 2-Volume Set
- A Pocketbook Manual of Hand and Upper Extremity Anatomy: Primus Manus
- Morrey's The Elbow and Its Disorders
- Pediatric Hand and Upper Limb Surgery: A Practical Guide
- The Hand: Anatomy, Examination, and Diagnosis
- Operative Techniques in Hand and Wrist Surgery
*If this is not the "Wide Awake Hand Surgery" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 11, 2023 14:00 +08.