Commonly referred to as the "sonography bible" by many of its past and current users, Betty Tempkin’s Sonography Scanning, 4th Edition is the go-to guide for producing diagnostic sonograms for physicians. Featuring an updated two-color design, this new edition covers the latest ultrasound scanning principles along with step-by-step instructions for scanning and documenting images. The text also incorporates clinical skills, professionalism, image labeling, image techniques, case presentations, handling of ultrasound equipment, and the universal method for scanning and documenting pathologies. The scanning protocols follow AIUM guidelines and provide information on patient prep, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images. Also included are the location of specific vessels or organs, anatomy and physiology, sonographic appearance, and normal variations."Overall, this book is an excellent resource for novice sonography students, but also provides a useful reference book for the more experienced sonographer." Reviewed by: Dr Vivien Gibbs on behalf of RAD Magazine Date: July 2015
- Scanning principles and step-by-step instructions on how to scan and document images help users establish standardization and image documentation for physician diagnostic interpretation.
- Scanning protocols that follow AIUM guidelines provides the essential information on patient prep, transducers, breathing techniques, comprehensive surveys, and required images. The location of specific vessels or organs, anatomy and physiology, sonographic appearance, and normal variations are also included.
- Sonographic ergonomics and proper use of equipment help sonographers avoid occupational injuries.
- Scanning protocol for pathology provides the criteria for evaluating and documenting abnormal sonographic findings, describing those findings within legal parameters, and relating those findings to the interpreting physician.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter give users the ability to self-review.
- NEW! Transducer location drawings included on images helps users understand exactly where on the body they should scan to produce a particular image.
- NEW! Musculoskeletal chapter provides musculoskeletal coverage for those sonographers interested in this specialty.
- NEW! Two-color streamlined design enhances readability and allows for more images on the page.
- NEW! 300 new images demonstrate superior quality images from the latest state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment.
- NEW! Pedagogy including key terms and objectives is included at the beginning of each chapter to specify chapter expectations and focus study.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Diagnostic Medical Sonography Series)
- Sonography Principles and Instruments
- Introduction to Sonography and Patient Care
- Abdomen and Superficial Structures (Diagnostic Medical Sonography Series)
- Workbook for Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography
- Workbook and Lab Manual for Sonography - Revised Reprint: Introduction to Normal Structure and Function
- Sonography: Introduction to Normal Structure and Function
- Textbook of Diagnostic Sonography: 2-Volume Set
- Understanding Ultrasound Physics
- Craig's Essentials of Sonography and Patient Care
*If this is not the "Sonography Scanning: Principles and Protocols (Ultrasound Scanning)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 23, 2023 06:22 +08.