In a series of riveting interviews, America's senior statesman discusses the challenges of directing foreign policy during times of great global tension.
As National Security Advisor to Richard Nixon, Henry Kissinger transformed America's approach to diplomacy with China, the USSR, Vietnam, and the Middle East, laying the foundations for geopolitics as we know them today.
Nearly fifty years later, escalating tensions between the US, China, and Russia are threatening a swift return to the same diplomatic game of tug-of-war that Kissinger played so masterfully. Kissinger on Kissinger is a series of faithfully transcribed interviews conducted by the elder statesman's longtime associate, Winston Lord, which captures Kissinger's thoughts on the specific challenges that he faced during his tenure as NSA, his general advice on leadership and international relations, and stunning portraits of the larger-than-life world leaders of the era. The result is a frank and well-informed overview of US foreign policy in the first half of the 70s―essential reading for anyone hoping to understand tomorrow's global challenges.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Kissinger the Negotiator: Lessons from Dealmaking at the Highest Level
- The Washington War: FDR's Inner Circle and the Politics of Power That Won World War II
- The Lessons of Tragedy: Statecraft and World Order
- World Order
- White House Warriors: How the National Security Council Transformed the American Way of War
- World Order
- Our Man: Richard Holbrooke and the End of the American Century
- On China
- The Back Channel: A Memoir of American Diplomacy and the Case for Its Renewal
- The Conservative Sensibility
*If this is not the "Kissinger on Kissinger: Reflections on Diplomacy, Grand Strategy, and Leadership" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Apr 1, 2023 16:49 +08.