Product DescriptionThe acclaimed textbook for navigating the practice and challenges of public health, now updated and completely revised
"It should be recommended or assigned to all students in public health." -American Journal of Epidemiology
The practice of public health would be easier if all the decisions could just be based on science.
The reality, of course, is that many choices have to account for short-term demands, meaning that some policies and programs are rooted in anecdotal evidence or limited resources. In these circumstances, an evidence-based approach -- emphasizing available data and analytics while leveraging individual skills and an optimized organizational climate -- is a public health practitioner's best tool for effective decision making.
This fully revised and updated edition Evidence-Based Public Health offers an essential primer on how to choose, carry out, and evaluate evidence-based programs and policies in public health settings. It addresses not only how to locate and utilize scientific evidence, but also how to implement and evaluate interventions in a way that generates new evidence. Practical topics covered in this light include:
· conducting community assessment
· developing an initial statement of issue (and quantifying it)
· using scientific literature and systematic reviews
· creating an action plan and implementing interventions
· evaluating programs and policies
An indispensable volume for professionals, students, and researchers in the public health sciences and preventive medicine, this newly updated edition of the classic textbook empowers readers to identify and apply the most compelling evidence available.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Epidemiology for Public Health Practice (Friis, Epidemiology for Public Health Practice)
- Health Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practice (Jossey-Bass Public Health)
- Introduction to Health Research Methods
- Essentials of Health Policy and Law (Essential Public Health)
- The Little SAS Book: A Primer, Fifth Edition
- Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health (Essential Public Health)
- Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health
- Process Evaluation for Public Health Interventions and Research
- Process Evaluation for Public Health
- Evaluating Public and Community Health Programs, 2nd Edition
*If this is not the "Evidence-Based Public Health" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Mar 30, 2023 06:57 +08.