This comprehensive textbook brings together a unique vision and multidisciplinary approach – embracing and combining MD, DO and DPM foot and ankle training disciplines – into a singular focus on improving and mastering surgical treatment of foot and ankle disorders. It opens with a chapter presenting the specific preoperative considerations and protocols commonly followed by foot and ankle surgeons of all specialties. Divided into three main thematic sections detailing the forefoot, midfoot and hindfoot, each subsequent chapter follows a consistent chapter format presenting case examples, key surgical set-up and equipment needs and step-by-step clinical pearls for surgical excellence. Post-operative care and rehabilitation recommendations are also included for a well-rounded presentation of care from start to finish. Both common and complex pathologies and injuries are discussed, from bunion and hammertoe management to the Charcot foot and ankle, total ankle replacement, arthroscopy and arthroplasty techniques, amputations and biologics. Generous figures and intraoperative photos illustrate the procedures in vivid detail.
The subspecialty of foot and ankle surgery is a highly specialized one, which is constantly evolving and improving. This speaks to the complexity of the foot and ankle complex, the multiple levels and articulations of the foot and the variety of pathologies encountered. This textbook leans on the unique experience and training of the OFAC attending surgeons and past fellows to reveal the pearls and keys to the efficient surgical treatment of the full gamut of foot and ankle pathologies. Ideally suited for residents and students whether MD, DO or DPM, Essential Foot and Ankle Surgical Techniques - EFAST for short - is a dynamic, multidisciplinary resource that covers the full range of pathologies and injuries an orthopedic surgeon or podiatrist would encounter in daily practice.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Pocket Foot and Ankle Medicine and Surgery (Pocket Notebook Series)
- Complications in Foot and Ankle Surgery: Management Strategies
- Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery: Management of Complications E-Book
- Watkins' Manual of Foot and Ankle Medicine and Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Arthroscopy
- Hospital for Special Surgery's Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery: Tricks of the Trade
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Foot and Ankle: Ebook without Multimedia
- Surgical Reconstruction of the Diabetic Foot and Ankle
- Foot & Ankle (Orthopaedic Surgery Essentials)
*If this is not the "Essential Foot and Ankle Surgical Techniques: A Multidisciplinary Approach" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 6, 2022 05:17 +08.