Product Description"Debunks the idea that aging inevitably brings infirmity and unhappiness and instead offers a trove of practical, evidence-based guidance for living longer and better."—Daniel H. Pink, author of When and Drive
SUCCESSFUL AGING delivers powerful insights:
• Debunking the myth that memory always declines with age
• Confirming that "health span"—not "life span"—is what matters
• Proving that sixty-plus years is a unique and newly recognized developmental stage
• Recommending that people look forward to joy, as reminiscing doesn't promote health
Levitin looks at the science behind what we all can learn from those who age joyously, as well as how to adapt our culture to take full advantage of older people's wisdom and experience. Throughout his exploration of what aging really means, using research from developmental neuroscience and the psychology of individual differences, Levitin reveals resilience strategies and practical, cognitive enhancing tricks everyone should do as they age.
Successful Aging inspires a powerful new approach to how readers think about our final decades, and it will revolutionize the way we plan for old age as individuals, family members, and citizens within a society where the average life expectancy continues to rise.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload
- Weaponized Lies: How to Think Critically in the Post-Truth Era
- The Joy of Movement: How exercise helps us find happiness, hope, connection, and courage
- This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession
- Successful Ageing: Getting the Most Out of the Rest of Your Life
- A Field Guide to Lies: Critical Thinking with Statistics and the Scientific Method
- You're Not Listening: What You're Missing and Why It Matters
- The World in Six Songs: How the Musical Brain Created Human Nature
- The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight In The Age Of Information Overload (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
- Better with Age: The Psychology of Successful Aging
*If this is not the "Successful Aging: A Neuroscientist Explores the Power and Potential of Our Lives" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 6, 2022 19:49 +08.