Diagnostic MRI in Dogs and Cats makes the vast and increasingly complex topic of clinical MRI in small animals accessible to all veterinarians. With the increasing availability of MRI technology, there is also a pressing need for expertise in interpreting these images. This is the first reference textbook to provide a well-illustrated and comprehensive overview of the current knowledge, focusing on imaging appearance rather than on clinical signs or treatment. With chapters on MRI physics and technology as well as sections on specific anatomical regions, the book functions as a stand-alone reference for the reader, whether they be a radiology/neurology resident in training or a practitioner with a need to learn about veterinary clinical MRI.
- Includes both evidenced-based material and the authors' personal experience, providing an excellent overview of current knowledge in the field.
- Contributors are international leaders in the field.
- Bullet points format and table summaries throughout the book keep the concepts concise and organized.
- Richly illustrated with over 650 annotated images showcasing the main features of the disease processes.
- Images are obtained at all magnet field strengths, so as to reflect the current reality of veterinary MRI, which uses low-, mid- and high-field magnets.
The chapters on physics and MRI technology are concise and accessible, using many visual aids and diagrams, and avoiding abstract concepts and equations whenever possible. Within each anatomical section, each chapter focuses on a disease category of that body region. When it is important to understand the imaging appearance, the pathophysiology is reviewed and imaging features of prognostic relevance are detailed.
This practical yet thoroughly comprehensive book is primarily an evidence-based learning resource for trainees, but will also aid practising veterinarians who have less MRI experience.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine Expert Consult, 8e (2Volumes)
- Small Animal Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Veterinary Neuroanatomy: A Clinical Approach
- Atlas of Small Animal CT and MRI
- Textbook of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology
- BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Musculoskeletal Imaging (BSAVA British Small Animal Veterinary Association)
- Current Techniques in Canine and Feline Neurosurgery
- King's Applied Anatomy of the Central Nervous System of Domestic Mammals
- Miller's Anatomy of the Dog
- Veterinary Computed Tomography
*If this is not the "Diagnostic MRI in Dogs and Cats" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 2, 2022 05:10 +08.