Product DescriptionSuccessfully tested in the authors' courses at Boston University and Harvard University, this text combines theory and practice in presenting traditional and new epidemiologic concepts. Broad in scope, the text opens with five chapters covering the basic epidemiologic concepts and data sources. A major emphasis is placed on study design, with separate chapters devoted to each of the three main analytic designs: experimental, cohort, and case-control studies.
Full chapters on bias, confounding, and random error, including the role of statistics in epidemiology, ensure that students are well-equipped with the necessary information to interpret the results of epidemiologic studies. An entire chapter is also devoted to the concept of effect measure modification, an often-neglected topic in introductory textbooks. Up-to-date examples from the epidemiologic literature on diseases of public health importance are provided throughout the book.
The Third Edition is a thorough update that offers:
• New examples, the latest references, and public health statistics.
• Nearly 50 new review questions.
• Updated discussion of certain epidemiologic methods.
• New figures depicting epidemiologic concepts.
- Jones Bartlett Publishers
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Environmental Health: From Global to Local (Public Health/Environmental Health)
- Health Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practice (Jossey-Bass Public Health)
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health (Essential Public Health)
- Novick & Morrow's Public Health Administration: Principles for Population-Based Management
- Basic Biostatistics: Statistics for Public Health Practice
- Living with the Earth: Concepts in Environmental Health Science
- Public Health: What It Is and How It Works
- Approaches to Social Research
- Epidemiology: An Introduction
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.