Product DescriptionWhat makes therapy work? Clearly, the therapeutic alliance is an important component of a successful relationship between therapist and client, but how does it fit into the relationship more broadly conceived? A better question might be “What works with whom and in which circumstances?’
In this unique book, master clinicians and psychotherapy researchers examine how technique and the therapeutic relationship are inseparably intertwined. Using a variety of theoretical and research “lenses” and drawing on various models of psychotherapy, including psychodynamic therapy, cognitive–behavioral therapy, emotion‑focused therapy, and brief family therapy, the contributors discuss the factors affecting client outcomes. The link between relationship processes and technique is bought to life in a rich array of engaging case studies that demonstrate how successful therapists negotiate the relationship, make key moment‑to‑moment decisions, and promote positive change in their clients.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Handbook of Cognition and Emotion
- A History of Psychology: Globalization, Ideas, and Applications
- Cognitive Therapy Techniques, Second Edition: A Practitioner's Guide
- The Clinician's Guide to Exposure Therapies for Anxiety Spectrum Disorders: Integrating Techniques and Applications from CBT, DBT, and ACT
- Descartes' Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain
- Faith-Based ACT for Christian Clients: An Integrative Treatment Approach
- Handbook of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies, Fourth Edition
- DBT Skills Training Manual, Second Edition
- Pocket Guide to Interpersonal Neurobiology: An Integrative Handbook of the Mind (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
- Essentials of Specific Learning Disability Identification (Essentials of Psychological Assessment)
*If this is not the "Developing the Therapeutic Relationship: Integrating Case Studies, Research, and Practice" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 9, 2021 11:53 +08.