Written for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse midwives, and other primary care providers, this new edition of Advanced Health Assessment of Women, continues to deliver the clinical skills required to care for the unique healthcare needs of women. This text delves into the growing role of the advanced practice clinician, establishing a foundation for and an understanding of the rationale behind the techniques and procedures described. Master’s level and doctoral level curricula provide basic content for the advanced practice clinician but may not provide sufficient education and training regarding advanced women’s health skills and procedures. This practical manual is designed to fill that gap, linking theory to clinical practice using critical thinking.
Using a clear and concise outline format, Advanced Health Assessment of Women avoids unnecessary jargon and cuts straight to the clinical skills, techniques, and procedures the advanced practice provider needs to know. Content progresses from simple to complex, covering basic assessment and physiology, health history, physical examination, and specific investigative procedures. Each technique and procedure outlined contains detailed descriptions, strategies for patient preparation, and recommended follow up, accompanied by a comprehensive list of equipment. In this new edition, all content has been reviewed and expanded to reflect the most updated evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Clinical procedures that are on the leading edge in the expanded role of the advanced practice clinician
- Detailed descriptions of advanced assessment techniques with plentiful tables and figures
- Special chapter on urinary incontinence includes diagnosis of bladder dysfunction
- Appendices contain patient information handouts and practice forms that can be adapted for practice
- Unique chapter: selection and insertion of the vaginal pessary
New to this edition:
- NEW Chapter: Assessment of Transgender Persons
- Revisions of clinical guidelines and procedures for menopause, cervical cancer screening, and osteoporosis chapters
- Treatment summary sections for selected chapters such as PCOS, AUB, vulvodynia, obesity, and urinary incontinence
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Beckmann and Ling's Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Women's Health Care in Advanced Practice Nursing, Second Edition
- Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in Gynecologic Settings, 11th Edition
- Pharmacology for Women's Health
- Pediatric Primary Care - E-Book
- Women's Gynecologic Health
- Family Practice Guidelines, Fourth Edition
- Varney's Midwifery
- Fast Facts About the Gynecologic Exam: A Professional Guide for NPs, PAs, and Midwives, Second Edition
- Netter's Obstetrics and Gynecology E-Book (Netter Clinical Science)
*If this is not the "Advanced Health Assessment of Women, Fourth Edition: Clinical Skills and Procedures" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on May 27, 2022 16:30 +08.