Bringing “coaching skills” to a therapy practice and clients.
In Therapy with a Coaching Edge, professional practice guru Lynn Grodzki offers a new, paradigm-changing therapy model—adding the leverage and action of a coaching approach to the wisdom and goals of psychotherapy.
This book presents a set of powerful coaching strategies that have been adapted and designed specifically for therapy—to provide more reach and range for therapists and counselors while not requiring a wholesale abandonment of therapeutic principles. Using this model, therapists at all levels of experience can promote behavioral change without insisting on homework or rigid protocols. Clients can spot results in each and every therapy session. Resistance to treatment often softens and client retention improves.
Grodzki gives new and veteran clinicians the skills to not only improve client outcomes, but also energize themselves as practitioners. Therapists feel empowered as they learn to ask compelling questions that generate "ah-ha" moments. They help clients go beyond a discussion of symptoms to explore topics of core values. They show clients how to make decisions based on both necessity and a vision of a better future.
The model provides readers with just-in-time learning, to identify a skill when it is needed an then immediately apply the steps in a session. Grodzki, an expert psychotherapist and master certified coach, has proven herself to be a trusted voice for therapists through her writing and workshops; she makes the steps to using a coaching approach understandable by offering lively case examples, "your turn" exercises, and sample scripts to give her readers the confidence and context to move forward.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Business and Practice of Coaching: Finding Your Niche, Making Money, & Attracting Ideal Clients: Finding Your Niche, Making Money and Attracting Ideal Clients
- Best Practice: Everything You Need to Know About Starting Your Successful Private Therapy Practice
- Private Practice Essentials: Business Tools for Mental Health Professionals
- The 10 Best-Ever Depression Management Techniques: Understanding How Your Brain Makes You Depressed and What You Can Do to Change It
- Building Your Ideal Private Practice: A Guide for Therapists and Other Healing Professionals
- Be A Wealthy Therapist: Finally, You Can Make a Living While Making a Difference
- Attachment Theory in Practice: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with Individuals, Couples, and Families
- From Clinician To Confident CEO: Your Step-By-Step Guide to More Ease, More Time Off, and More Profit
- Becoming a Professional Life Coach: Lessons from the Institute of Life Coach Training
- The Attachment Theory Workbook: Powerful Tools to Promote Understanding, Increase Stability, and Build Lasting Relationships
*If this is not the "Therapy with a Coaching Edge: Partnership, Action, and Possibility in Every Session" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 9, 2021 12:26 +08.