Product DescriptionPraise for Surgeon’s Story:
“This book should be a gift to any young woman considering a medical career and wondering if she could do it. “
“A fantastic journey into the science of the human heart and one heroic doctor who repairs and replaces them.”
“From the very first page right up to the climactic ending, this book will entertain you with the real life wit, humor, and drama.”
Kristine Guleserian, pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, is scrubbed in.
Dr. G, as she’s known, is one of only nine women in the U.S. sub-specialty board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgeons to what she’s about to do — take a scalpel sharper than a dozen razors, cut through eleven-month old Claudia’s skin, saw open her breastbone and spread her ribcage apart in order to repair congenital defects threatening a malformed heart the size of a walnut.
It’s just after 9:00 AM. Claudia will be in the OR until 2:00 PM, along with a team of talented surgeons, nurses, techs, anesthesiologists, perfusionists and others.
Dr. G is in charge.
What will she find when she opens the chest?
How will this tiny little child hold up in surgery?
You won’t believe the real-life medical drama in this intense, close-up visit to the cardiac OR.
Pick up your copy with just one click.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- People of the ER
- Behind the Curtain: A Peek at Life from within the ER
- Drops of Reality: Tales from a doctor's surgery
- Through the Eyes of a Young Physician Assistant
- Confessions of a Trauma Junkie: My Life as a Nurse Paramedic, 2nd Edition
- You Stuck What in Where? (A Collection of Reader-Submitted Medical Stories Book 9)
- ER Sketches: Tales from an ER
- Twelve from Hell
- Nursing is My Cardio: A Collection of Reader-Submitted Medical Stories
- COWBOYS AND INDIAN: A Doctor's First Year In Texas
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Surgeon's Story: Inside OR-1 with One of America’s Top Pediatric Heart Surgeons" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.