Product DescriptionA renowned expert in palliative care, who is featured in the Netflix documentary, End Game, Dr. Pantilat delivers a compassionate and sensitive guide to living well with serious illness.
In Life After the Diagnosis, Dr. Steven Z. Pantilat, a renowned international expert in palliative care demystifies the medical system for patients and their families. He makes sense of what doctors say, what they actually mean, and how to get the best information to help make the best medical decisions. Dr. Pantilat covers everything from the first steps after the diagnosis and finding the right caregiving and support, to planning your future so your loved ones don't have to. He offers advice on how to tackle the most difficult treatment decisions and discussions and shows readers how to choose treatments that help more than they hurt, stay consistent with their values and personal goals, and live as well as possible for as long as possible.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Extreme Measures: Finding a Better Path to the End of Life
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care
- Practical Meditation for Beginners: 10 Days to a Happier, Calmer You
- Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Co
- The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully
- Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death
- The Divine Art of Dying: How to Live Well While Dying
- At the End of Life: True Stories About How We Die
- Natural Causes: An Epidemic of Wellness, the Certainty of Dying, and Killing Ourselves to Live Longer
- Dying: A Memoir
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Life after the Diagnosis: Expert Advice on Living Well with Serious Illness for Patients and Caregivers" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.