Product DescriptionFor a time of growing concern about living well with serious illness and getting the best possible end-of-life care, Life After the Diagnosis delivers a compassionate and sensitive guide for patients, families, and caregivers.
In Life After the Diagnosis, Dr. Steven Z. Pantilat, a renowned international expert in palliative care, shares innovative approaches for dealing with serious illness, outlines the steps that patients should take, and demystifies the medical system. He makes sense of what doctors say, what they actually mean, and how to get the best information to help make the best medical decisions. Dr. Pantilat covers everything from the first steps after the diagnosis and finding the right caregiving and support, to planning your future so your loved ones don't have to. He offers advice on how to tackle the most difficult treatment decisions and discussions and shows readers how to choose treatments that help more than they hurt, stay consistent with their values and personal goals, and live as well as possible for as long as possible.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Extreme Measures: Finding a Better Path to the End of Life
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care
- Dying: A Memoir
- At the End of Life: True Stories About How We Die
- Modern Death: How Medicine Changed the End of Life
- Awake at the Bedside: Contemplative Teachings on Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- My Absolute Darling: A Novel
- The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying
- The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully
- Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Co
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Life after the Diagnosis: Expert Advice on Living Well with Serious Illness for Patients and Caregivers" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.