Prevent and manage wounds with this expert, all-inclusive resource! Acute & Chronic Wounds: Current Management Concepts, 5th Edition provides the latest diagnostic and treatment guidelines to help you provide quality care for patients with wounds. This textbook presents an interprofessional approach to maintaining skin integrity and managing the numerous types of skin damage including topics that range from the physiology of wound healing, general principles of wound management, vulnerable patient populations, management of percutaneous tubes, and specific care instructions to program development. Written by respected nursing educators Ruth Bryant and Denise Nix, this bestselling reference also provides excellent preparation for all wound certification exams.
- A comprehensive approach to the care of patients with acute and chronic wounds guides students and health care providers to design, deliver and evaluate quality skin and wound care in a systematic fashion; the comprehensive approach includes the latest advances in diagnosis, differentiation of wound types, nutrition, prevention, treatment, and pharmacology.
- Self-assessment questions and answers in each chapter help you assess your knowledge and prepare for all wound certification exams.
- Checklists offer a concise, easy-to-read summary of the steps needed to achieve the best patient care outcomes.
- Risk assessment scales help in determining a patient's risk for developing a wound, and wound classification tools identify the proper terminology to be used in documentation.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter focus your study on the most important content.
- Principles for practice development boost outcomes and productivity in agencies and institutions, home care, acute care, long-term care, and long-term acute care settings.
- NEW coverage includes the latest guidelines from WOCN, AAWC, NPUAP, EPUAP, and PPPIA, and the American College of Physicians.
- New sections cover the prevention and management of biofilm, the new skin tear classification system, MASD and MARCI, CTP terminology and classification scheme, and integration of the Health Belief Model.
- NEW! Additional full-color photographs show the differential diagnosis of types of skin damage, management of fistulas, and NPWT procedures.
- NEW! Clinical Consult features help in applying concepts to clinical practice, showing students and health care professionals how to assess, manage, and document real-life patient and staff encounters using the ADPIE framework.
- NEW two-color illustrations and design make the book more visually appealing.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Textbook of Chronic Wound Care: An Evidence-Based Approach for Diagnosis and Treatment
- Post-Acute and Long-Term Medicine: A Pocket Guide (Current Clinical Practice)
- Product Guide to Skin & Wound Care
- Wound Care Certification Study Guide, Second Edition
- CWOCN Exam Practice Questions (Second Set): CWOCN Practice Tests & Review for the WOCNCB Certified Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurse Exam
- WOCN Core Curriculum: Ostomy Management (Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® Core Curriculum)
- Clinical Guide to Skin and Wound Care (Clinical Guide: Skin & Wound Care)
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® Core Curriculum: Wound Management
- Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® Core Curriculum: Continence Management
*If this is not the "Acute and Chronic Wounds - E-Book: Current Management Concepts (Acute and Chronic Wounds Current Man" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 6, 2022 14:51 +08.