LEARN THE PRINCIPLES OF CLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASES IN JUST THIRTY DAYS
Infectious Diseases: A Clinical Short COURSE is a concise overview of this important field designed to help the busy physician, medical student, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant to understand, diagnose, and treat common infectious diseases. This unique self-instruction book is organized by system/region as opposed to pathogens—simulating how common pathogens and disorders would be encountered in rounds or in practice.
By indicating the number of days that should be allotted to the study of each chapter, the author has created a schedule for completion of each lesson. A wide array of tables that summarize the methods of clinical assessment, anti-infective agent doses, and drug toxicities--facts that do not require memorization, but do need to be referred to when caring for patients--facilitate this condensed learning schedule. There is no better resource for learning to associate pathogens with the corresponding impact on patients than Infectious Diseases.
- Key Points summarize the most important facts when managing each infection and facilitate board review
- Guiding Questions begin each chapter
- An estimate of the potential severity of each disease gives you a sense of how quickly you should initiate treatment
- Numerous case examples highlight real-world clinical application of the content
- Dozens of color plates depict major pathogens
- All chapters have been updated to reflect the most current treatment and diagnostic guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America
- NEW! Antibiograms for each major antibiotic class provide a visual depiction of the spectrum of each individual antibiotic; a table listing the most commonly used outpatient antibiotics and their dosing; and much more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Learning Radiology E-Book: Recognizing the Basics
- Marino's The ICU Book (ICU Book (Marino))
- Nephrology in 30 Days (In Thirty Days Series)
- Antibiotics Simplified
- Pocket Primary Care (Pocket Notebook Series)
- Critical Care Pearls: Basics for critical patient care and board review
- Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine (Pocket Notebook Series)
- Harrison's Infectious Diseases, 3/E (Harrison's Specialty)
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease E-Book (Robbins Pathology)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Infectious Diseases A Clinical Short Course 3/E (In Thirty Days Series)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.