New edition of the most comprehensive Chinese Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology textbook in the English language
World-renowned author and teacher Giovanni Maciocia gives a clear, detailed explanation of the physiology, pathology and aetiology of women's disorders in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and
adapts these to Western conditions and patients.
Seventy gynecological conditions are discussed in detail with consideration given to differentiation between conditions, the advised treatment using acupuncture and herbs, prevention and prognosis. Guidelines on lifestyle and use of the eight Extraordinary Vessels are provided, with case studies allowing easy application of theory to practice throughout.
New for this edition: New attractive two-colour layout with book marks to ease navigation Endometriosis and its treatment now included and fully covered in a new chapter Infertility chapter includes recent research highlighting factors in infertility All prescriptions now removed from the text and attractively presented in three appendices: Patient Remedies, Prescriptions and Three Treasure Remedies "Obstetrics and Gynecology in Chinese Medicine is a paradigmatic work. It is tempered with reverence and innovation, meticulous archival attention and detailed modern clinical insight. When future generations look back at this workâ€¦they will find not only knowledge and wisdom but also reasons for inspiration and awe." From the Foreword to the first edition by Ted J. Kaptchuk, Associate Director, Centre for Alternative Medicine Research, Beth Israel Hospital; Instructor in Medicine, Harvard medical School, Boston, USA.•Physiology and pathology of women’s disorders in Chinese medicine
•Aetiology and diagnosis of women’s disorders
•Differentiation and treatment – including acupuncture, herbs and patent remedies – of 64 gynecological conditions
•Prevention and prognosis for each disease
•Approximately 100 case histories from the author’s own practice
•A detailed discussion of the use of the eight extraordinary vessels in gynecology
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Treatment of Infertility with Chinese Medicine E-Book
- Tao of Nutrition
- The Psyche in Chinese Medicine E-Book: Treatment of Emotional and Mental Disharmonies with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs
- The Practice of Chinese Medicine E-Book: The Treatment of Diseases with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs
- The Spark in the Machine: How the Science of Acupuncture Explains the Mysteries of Western Medicine
- The Foundations of Chinese Medicine E-Book: A Comprehensive Text
- Heart Shock: Diagnosis and Treatment of Trauma with Shen-Hammer and Classical Chinese Medicine
- A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior (Fireside Books (Fireside))
- The Yellow Emperor's Classic of Medicine: A New Translation of the Neijing Suwen with Commentary
- Psycho-Emotional Pain and the Eight Extraordinary Vessels
*If this is not the "Obstetrics and Gynecology in Chinese Medicine E-Book" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 27, 2020 20:56 PST.