This extensively revised new edition comprehensively reviews the medical and surgical management of the acutely-ill child with congenital and acquired cardiac disease. It enables the reader to gain a thorough understanding of basic and practical concepts of anatomy, pathophysiology, surgical techniques and peri-operative management in this group of patients. Extensively revised chapters cover the management of cardiac patients on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, hemofiltration, and plasma exchange. New topics covered include the use of pharmaceuticals in cardiac intensive care, the implications of interventional cardiology in pediatric intensive care and ventricular assist devices. Practically relevant guidelines are also included for cardiovascular nurses.
Critical Care of Children with Heart Disease presents a thorough review of the practical concepts, available treatment techniques, and the challenges associated with managing these patients in the critical care unit. It represents a timely and valuable textbook reference for students and practising healthcare professionals alike seeking to learn or further their understanding of the latest advances in this discipline.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Critical Heart Disease in Infants and Children
- Anderson's Pediatric Cardiology
- Moss & Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents, Including the Fetus and Young Adult (2 Volume Set)
- Park's Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners: Expert Consult - Online and Print
- Atlas of Congenital Heart Disease Nomenclature: An Illustrated Guide to the Van Praagh and Anderson Approaches to Describing Congenital Cardiac Pathology
*If this is not the "Critical Care of Children with Heart Disease: Basic Medical and Surgical Concepts" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 30, 2022 19:13 +08.