Product DescriptionThis text was developed in the residency training program in the department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the JFK Johnson Rehab Institute, UMDNJ and the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. It is designed both for residents preparing for the board exams offered by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR), for practicing physiatrists preparing for recertification, and for instructors in PM&R helping physicians to prepare for the boards. The topics are divided into major subspecialty areas and are authored by physicians with special interests and clinical expertise in their respective subjects.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review is necessary reading for all residents in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as well as practicing physiatrists. The book concentrates on board-related concepts in the field of Rehabilitation Medicine. Residents will find the book essential in preparing for Part I and Part II of the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Certification:
- It is the only book to specifically focus on board-related material, providing a single source of current up-to-date PM&R, orthopaedic, neurologic, and general medical information.
- Board ""pearls"" are highlights with an icon in the margin. These ""pearls"" are aimed at stressing the cinical and board eligible aspects of the topics. This format was designed to simplify preparation for the board exam.
- The table of contents is modeled after the topic selection of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR) Self-Directed Medical Knowledge Program used by residents nationwide to prepare to the Self-Assessment Examination (SAE). This will help all residents, PGY 2,3,4, in yearly preparation and carry-over from SAE preparation to Board Exam preparation.
- The topics are divided into major subspecialty areas, each authored by physicians with special interest and clinical expertise in their areas and reviewed again by senior specialists in PM&R who specialize in these topics.
- Over 500 illustrations clarify concepts in the text.
- Key concepts are highlighted, making it simple to find and organize important information.
- The format is in outline form to increase accessibility.
- Information is well-organized and topic oriented.
- The Electrodiagnostic, Spinal Cord Injury, and Pediatric chapters are particularly helpful for physiatrists wishing to obtain specialty certification in these topics.
- Orthopaedists will have an interest in Prosthetics and Orthotics and musculoskeletal areas for their own board certification.
- Neurologists will have an increased interest especially in electrodiagnostics medicine, neuromuscular medicine, and also including stroke and traumatic brain injury.
- Internists and Family Practice Physicians will have great use for this text to give them an overview of PM&R and pertinent information in areas of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, and also rehabilitation in the areas of neurology, rheumatology and neuromuscular diseases.
- Rheumatologists will find information on prosthetics and orthotics, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatology and rheumatologic rehabilitation.
The valuble reference Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review isnow available in a convenient text-only PDA format, without illustrations.Click here to learn more about this application.
*If this is not the "Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jul 1, 2022 13:29 +08.