New York Times Bestseller * USA Today Bestseller * Los Angeles Times Bestseller * Publishers Weekly Bestseller
The instant New York Times bestseller from the author of Reviving Ophelia--a guide to wisdom, authenticity, and bliss for women as they age.
Women growing older contend with ageism, misogyny, and loss. Yet as Mary Pipher shows, most older women are deeply happy and filled with gratitude for the gifts of life. Their struggles help them grow into the authentic, empathetic, and wise people they have always wanted to be.
In Women Rowing North, Pipher offers a timely examination of the cultural and developmental issues women face as they age. Drawing on her own experience as daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, caregiver, clinical psychologist, and cultural anthropologist, she explores ways women can cultivate resilient responses to the challenges they face. “If we can keep our wits about us, think clearly, and manage our emotions skillfully,” Pipher writes, “we will experience a joyous time of our lives. If we have planned carefully and packed properly, if we have good maps and guides, the journey can be transcendent.”
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Writing to Change the World: An Inspiring Guide for Transforming the World with Words
- Seeking Peace: Chronicles of the Worst Buddhist in the World
- How to Care for Aging Parents, 3rd Edition: A One-Stop Resource for All Your Medical, Financial, Housing, and Emotional Issues
- Elderhood: Redefining Aging, Transforming Medicine, Reimagining Life
- Another Country: Navigating the Emotional Terrain of Our Elders
- On the Brink of Everything: Grace, Gravity, and Getting Old
- Letters to a Young Therapist
- Reviving Ophelia 25th Anniversary Edition: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls
- Summary & Analysis of Women Rowing North: Navigating Life’s Currents and Flourishing As We Age | A Guide to the Book by Mary Pipher
- Social Work with Older Adults: A Biopsychosocial Approach to Assessment and Intervention (5th Edition) (The Merrill Social Work and Human Services Series)
*If this is not the "Women Rowing North: Navigating Life's Currents and Flourishing As We Age" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 22, 2022 21:45 +08.