“Illuminates human fragility in tales both lyrical and soul-wrenching.” ―Danielle Ofri, New York Times Book ReviewIn this “artful, unfailingly human, and understandable” (Boston Globe) account inspired by his own experiences becoming a doctor, Terrence Holt puts readers on the front lines of the harrowing crucible of a medical residency. A medical classic in the making, hailed by critics as capturing “the feelings of a young doctor’s three-year hospital residency . . . better than anything else I have ever read” (Susan Okie, Washington Post), Holt brings a writer’s touch and a doctor’s eye to nine unforgettable stories where the intricacies of modern medicine confront the mysteries of the human spirit. Internal Medicine captures the “stark moments of success and failure, pride and shame, courage and cowardice, self-reflection and obtuse blindness that mark the years of clinical training” (Jerome Groopman, New York Review of Books), portraying not only a doctor’s struggle with sickness and suffering but also the fears and frailties each of us―doctor and patient―bring to the bedside.
- Internal Medicine A Doctor s Stories
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- One Doctor: Close Calls, Cold Cases, and the Mysteries of Medicine
- On Call: A Doctor's Days and Nights in Residency
- What Doctors Feel: How Emotions Affect the Practice of Medicine
- Intern: A Doctor's Initiation
- Confessions of a Surgeon: The Good, the Bad, and the Complicated...Life Behind the O.R. Doors
- Every Patient Tells a Story: Medical Mysteries and the Art of Diagnosis
- Trauma Room Two
- Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science
- Doctored: The Disillusionment of an American Physician
- Everything I Learned in Medical School: Besides All the Book Stuff
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Internal Medicine: A Doctor's Stories" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.