Product Description"An elegant and thoughtful dismantling of perhaps the most dangerous ideology at work today." — BEN SHAPIRO, bestselling author and host of "The Ben Shapiro Show"
"Reading Noah Rothman is like a workout for your brain." — DANA PERINO, bestselling author and former press secretary to President George W. Bush
There are just two problems with “social justice”: it’s not social and it’s not just. Rather, it is a toxic ideology that encourages division, anger, and vengeance. In this penetrating work, Commentary editor and MSNBC contributor Noah Rothman uncovers the real motives behind the social justice movement and explains why, despite its occasionally ludicrous public face, it is a threat to be taken seriously.
American political parties were once defined by their ideals. That idealism, however, is now imperiled by an obsession with the demographic categories of race, sex, ethnicity, and sexual orientation, which supposedly constitute a person’s “identity.” As interest groups defined by identity alone command the comprehensive allegiance of their members, ordinary politics gives way to “Identitarian” warfare, each group looking for payback and convinced that if it is to rise, another group must fall.
In a society governed by “social justice,” the most coveted status is victimhood, which people will go to absurd lengths to attain. But the real victims in such a regime are blind justice—the standard of impartiality that we once took for granted—and free speech. These hallmarks of American liberty, already gravely compromised in universities, corporations, and the media, are under attack in our legal and political systems.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Alienated America: Why Some Places Thrive While Others Collapse
- The Smallest Minority: Independent Thinking in the Age of Mob Politics
- The Right Side of History: How Reason and Moral Purpose Made the West Great
- The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity
- The Diversity Delusion: How Race and Gender Pandering Corrupt the University and Undermine Our Culture
- The Conservative Sensibility
- Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy
- Human Diversity: The Biology of Gender, Race, and Class
- Hate Crime Hoax: How the Left is Selling a Fake Race War
- From Fire, by Water: My Journey to the Catholic Faith
*If this is not the "Unjust: Social Justice and the Unmaking of America" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 9, 2021 11:33 +08.