Product DescriptionBased on Dr. Croibier’s everyday clinical experience, this book provides critical tools for examining patients in order to determine what the course of treatment should be. Written for manual hands-on therapy students and practitioners that include osteopaths, physical therapists, and chiropractors, the book explores in depth the osteopathic diagnosis process that aims to identify an abnormality and to discover factors that may be causing the dysfunction.
Drawing a comparison between diagnosis in classical medicine and osteopathy, Dr. Croibier explains that the osteopath focuses on restoring the conditions of good health rather than simply addressing the consequences of disease. Enhanced with more than 175 full-color instructional photos and illustrations, the book describes the manual hands-on assessments and general evaluations that lead to a diagnosis. Manual assessments include objective observation, diagnostic touch, palpation of the affected areas of the body, visualization, and “listening” (a hand placed on a specific part of the body to determine tissue functionality). Based on Dr. Croibier’s recommendations, the manual therapist also performs a patient intake and interview; general evaluation that analyzes the patient’s symptoms and general state; examination of posture and equilibrium; and observation of individual characteristics, such as constitution, temperament, and body type.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Manual Therapy for the Prostate
- Atlas of Manipulative Techniques for the Cranium & Face
- Visceral Manipulation (Revised Edition)
- Cranial Sutures: Analysis, Morphology & Manipulative Strategies
- Trauma: An Osteopathic Approach
- The Vital Psoas Muscle: Connecting Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Well-Being
- Understanding the Messages of Your Body: How to Interpret Physical and Emotional Signals to Achieve Optimal Health
- Visceral Manipulation: The DVD
- 2: Visceral Manipulation II (Revised Edtion)
- Trail Guide to the Body: How to Locate Muscles, Bones and More
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "From Manual Evaluation to General Diagnosis: Assessing Patient Information before Hands-On Treatment" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.