The Little Eye Book: A Pupil’s Guide to Understanding Ophthalmology is an easy-to-understand introduction to the field of eye care that has been updated into a new Second Edition. This book is written with the non-physician in mind, so you won’t be bogged down with heavy details, yet every basic fact that you need is right here. With photographs as well as drawings and helpful tables and charts, this conversational-style text packs a big punch. Beginning with an illustrated description of ocular anatomy, the book sweeps you into the workings of vision with hardly a blink, where you’ll learn what happens when light meets the eye. But life is never perfect, and sometimes the eye isn’t either. You’ll get a good overview of disorders and trauma, from lids to optic nerves. The all-important red eye has a section all its own, including symptoms, signs, what’s an emergency and what’s not. A chapter on eye symptoms and their potential causes will help you understand patients’ complaints. New to the Second Edition: - A chapter on refractive errors and their correction, including a section on glasses and contact lenses - New technology topics including optical coherence tomography, scanning laser tomography, wavefront analysis and more - Updated information on medications and refractive surgery - Includes over 65 figures and 10 tables Now you will finally understand how the eye works without spending hours trying to get through an overwhelming medical book. Need to know how to take a history, check vision or pupils, or give someone eye medications? It’s in here! Wonder what special testing is available? We tell you! Have questions about surgery or medical treatment? Yep, we covered that, too, and more! Written by Janice K. Ledford, an eyecare professional with over 26 years of experience, The Little Eye Book: A Pupil’s Guide to Understanding Ophthalmology, Second Edition is perfect for anyone who works in the eye care industry or with patients, but isn’t an ophthalmologist.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Ophthalmology Made Ridiculously Simple
- Dictionary of Eye Terminology
- OphthoBook Questions - Vol. 1 (Volume 1)
- Root Eye Dictionary: A "Layman's Explanation" of the eye and common eye problems
- Functional Vision: A Practitioner's Guide to Evaluation and Intervention
- The Ophthalmic Assistant: A Text for Allied and Associated Ophthalmic Personnel: Expert Consult - Online and Print, 9e
- The Eye Book: A Complete Guide to Eye Disorders and Health (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- Cortical Visual Impairment: An Approach to Assessment and Intervention
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Exam Review Manual
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "The Little Eye Book: A Pupil's Guide to Understanding Ophthalmology" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.