Compact and easy to use, Kaplan & Sadock's Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry, Fourth Edition is an authoritative, affordable text that provides must-know information in clinical psychiatry. Containing the most relevant clinical material from the best-selling Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry, Eleventh Edition, it offers step-by-step guidance on the clinical examination, the psychiatric report, medical assessment of the psychiatric patient, laboratory tests, and signs and symptoms, as well as all psychiatric and substance-related disorders, with special chapters on children, adolescents, and the elderly. It also covers special topics such as emergency psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, ethics, and palliative and end-of-life care.
- Provides concise but thorough coverage of the entire field of clinical psychiatry, including biologic, psychologic, and sociologic factors in health and disease.
- Contains real-world case histories throughout.
- Includes thorough updates and revisions throughout, all consistent with the DSM-5.
- Features new and extensively revised coverage of childhood disorders, gender dysphoria, issues affecting LGBT persons, reproductive medicine, physician-assisted suicide, PTSD, the effects of terrorism and torture, and much more.
- Includes new chapters on public psychiatry and world aspects of psychiatry, as well as a new section on brain stimulation methods.
- Features a unique, comprehensive glossary of psychiatric signs and symptoms, new to this edition.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Prescriber's Guide: Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology
- Managing Contraception 2017-2018
- Kaufman's Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists, 8e (Major Problems in Neurology)
- Kaplan and Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry (2 Volume Set)
- The Psychiatric Interview
- OSCE and Clinical Skills Handbook, 2e
- Fast Facts about the Gynecologic Exam for Nurse Practitioners: Conducting the GYN Exam in a Nutshell (Fast Facts (Springer))
- Psychiatry Test Preparation and Review Manual, 3e
- Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications
- The American Psychiatric Association Publishing Textbook of Psychopharmacology
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Kaplan & Sadock's Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.