From basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications, the meticulously updated, fifth edition of Chestnut’s Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia. An editorial team of leading authorities presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. New chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters cover topics such as psychiatric disorders in the pregnant patient, neurologic disorders, and critical care of obstetric patients.With online access to the full text, it is an invaluable, comprehensive reference textbook for specialists in obstetric anesthesiology and obstetricians, as well as anesthesiology and obstetric residents. This book also serves as a clear, user-friendly guide for both anesthesiologists and obstetricians who are in clinical practice.
"...a comprehensive and contemporary, modern reference text." Reviewed by British Journal of Anaesthesia, May 2015
"Chestnut and his 79 expert contributors have once again released a current guide to obstetric anesthesia that proves useful to both junior learners and subspecialty providers." Reviewed by Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, Apr 2015
- Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care.
- Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
- Stay current on the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and new chapters on topics such as patient safety and team approach, transthoracic echocardiography and noninvasive measurement of cardiac output in obstetric patients, psychiatric disorders during pregnancy, neurologic injuries, and more.
- Prevent and plan for potential complications associated with the advancing age of pregnant women. An extensive, state-of-the art discussion of "critical care of obstetric patients" equips you to address any special considerations for this increasing segment.
- Know exactly how to proceed. An abundance of tables and boxes illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Choose the best drugs available while adhering to the most recent guidelines for obstetric anesthesia.
- BRAND NEW
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Miller's Anesthesia, 2-Volume Set
- Anesthesiologist's Manual of Surgical Procedures
- A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Hadzic's Peripheral Nerve Blocks and Anatomy for Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia (New York School of Regional Anesthesia)
- Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease
- Stoelting's Pharmacology & Physiology in Anesthetic Practice
- Smith's Anesthesia for Infants and Children
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology (Guyton Physiology)
- Clinical Anesthesia, 8e: Print + Ebook with Multimedia
*If this is not the "Chestnut's Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice: Expert Consult - Online and Print (Chestnu" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Jun 27, 2022 13:45 +08.