After thirty five years, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennetts Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition is still the reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on diagnosing and treating the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. John E. Bennett and Raphael Dolin along with new editorial team member Dr. Martin Blaser have meticulously updated this latest edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest clinical and scientific knowledge at your fingertips. With new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased worldwide perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennetts Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition helps you identify and treat whatever infectious disease you see.
- Get the answers to questions you have with more in-depth coverage of epidemiology, etiology, pathology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other infectious disease resource.
- Find the latest diagnoses and treatments for currently recognized and newly emerging infectious diseases, such as those caused by avian and swine influenza viruses.
- Put the latest knowledge to work in your practice with new or completely revised chapters on influenza (new pandemic strains); new Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) virus; probiotics; antibiotics for resistant bacteria; antifungal drugs; new antivirals for hepatitis B and C; Clostridium difficile treatment; sepsis; advances in HIV prevention and treatment; viral gastroenteritis; Lyme disease; Helicobacter pylori; malaria; infections in immunocompromised hosts; immunization (new vaccines and new recommendations); and microbiome.
- Benefit from fresh perspectives and global insights from an expanded team of international contributors.
- Find and grasp the information you need easily and rapidly with newly added chapter summaries. These bulleted templates include diagnosis, therapy, and prevention and are designed as a quick summary of the chapter and to enhance relevancy in search and retrieval on Expert Consult.
- Stay current on Expert Consult with a thorough and regularly scheduled update program that ensures access to new developments in the field, advances in therapy, and timely information.
- Access the information you need easily and rapidly with new succinct chapter summaries that include diagnosis, therapy, and prevention.
- Experience clinical scenarios with vivid clarity through a richly illustrated, full-color format that includes 1500 photographs for enhanced visual guidance.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
- Mandell, Douglas and Bennett’s Infectious Disease Essentials, 1e (Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases)
- Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 10e
- Infectious Diseases A Clinical Short Course 3/E (In Thirty Days Series)
- Murray & Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 6e (Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine)
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Second Edition
- The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy 2016 (Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy (Sanford))
- Koneman's Color Atlas and Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology (Color Atlas & Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology)
- Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas, 8th Ed
- Adult HIV/AIDS Treatment Pocket Guide 2016 (978-0-9967333-0-4)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases: 2-Volume Set, 8e" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.