Epidemiology, by award-winning educator and epidemiologist Leon Gordis, is a best-selling introduction to this complex science. Dr. Gordis leverages his vast experience teaching this subject in the classroom to introduce the basic principles and concepts of epidemiology in a clear, uniquely memorable way. He guides you from an explanation of the epidemiologic approach to disease and intervention, through the use of epidemiologic principles to identify the causes of disease, to a discussion of how epidemiology should be used to improve evaluation and public policy. It’s your best choice for an accessible yet rich understanding of epidemiology!"Overall, I think it is an excellent book for medical students and occupational medicine trainees and a useful revision and reference text for consultant occupational physicians one of the most clearly laid out and readable general epidemiology texts that I have ever seen". Reviewed by: Occupational Medicine Date: July 2015
- Gain a solid foundation of basic epidemiologic principles as well as practical applications in public health and clinical practice.
- Visualize concepts vividly through abundant full-color figures, graphs, and charts.
- Check your understanding of essential information with 320 multiple-choice epidemiology self-assessment questions (120 inside the book plus 200 more online).
- Access the complete contents online at Student Consult, including over 200 additional multiple-choice epidemiology self-assessment questions not found in the book, with answers to all questions as well as full rationales explaining why every answer is correct or incorrect.
- Master the latest nuances in epidemiology thanks to a wealth of new and updated illustrations, examples, and epidemiologic data.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Health Policy and Politics: A Nurse's Guide (Milstead, Health Policy and Politics)
- Proposal Writing for Clinical Nursing and DNP Projects, Second Edition
- Epidemiology for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Health Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practice (Jossey-Bass Public Health)
- Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals
- Role Development for the Nurse Practitioner
- A Dictionary of Epidemiology
- Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics: North American Edition
- Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Epidemiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 5e (Gordis, Epidemiology)" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.