It may appear that this book is written primarily for eye care practitioners such as optometrists and ophthalmologists, while vision is the overriding topic, this book serves as an excellent resource for a multitude of professions including those engaged in occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language therapy, physiatry, social work, pediatric medicine, and special education.
“There is literally no other book that covers this very important subject area. It is structured by common conditions that lead to special needs so that the reader can easily access areas they need more information in. The writing style and tone of the book are very clear and simple. This text could also be easily read by lay person carers of special needs patients. This area of work within eye health in the world is very much neglected. It is a groundbreaking piece of work to help the most disabled of people in our modern society. In addition they have done a great job of a most complex task.” — BMA Medical Book Award reviewer, 2013 BMA Medical Book Awards
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Epidemiology of Eye Disease (3rd Edition)
- Anatomy of the Eye and Orbit: The Clinical Essentials
- Introduction to Public Health
- The Ghost in My Brain: How a Concussion Stole My Life and How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Helped Me Get It Back
- Visual Development, Diagnosis, and Treatment of the Pediatric Patient
- Vision Rehabilitation: Multidisciplinary Care of the Patient Following Brain Injury
- Ocular Therapeutics Handbook: A Clinical Manual
- Clinical Management of Binocular Vision: Heterophoric, Accommodative, and Eye Movement Disorders
- The Hidden Link Between Vision and Learning: Why Millions of Learning-Disabled Children Are Misdiagnosed
- Primary Care of the Posterior Segment, Third Edition
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Visual Diagnosis and Care of the Patient with Special Needs" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.