Product DescriptionIntroduction to Epidemiology, Sixth Edition is the ideal introductory text for the epidemiology student with minimal training in the biomedical sciences and statistics. With updated tables, figures, and examples throughout, the Sixth Edition is a thorough revision that offers an all new, real world examples to help better illustrate elusive concepts. Learning objectives, as well as study questions with descriptive answers, in each chapter engage the student in further analysis and reflection.
New Features of the Sixth Edition:
Updated tables and figures.
Addition of several real-world, practical examples.
Added focus on setting-up contingency tables and calculating and interpreting appropriate measures of association.
Greater detail and examples on conducting hypothesis testing.
Greater detail and examples on calculating age-adjusting rates.
Greater detail and examples on calculating years of potential life lost.
Greater detail and examples on assessing clinical trials.
Updated case studies.
- Access Code Included
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Introduction to Health Behavior Theory
- Introduction to Global Health
- Communicating About Health: Current Issues and Perspectives
- Essentials of Human Disease
- Essentials of Environmental Health (Essential Public Health)
- Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health
- Public Health 101: Healthy People―Healthy Populations
- Essentials of Health Policy and Law (Essential Public Health)
- The Medical Detectives: The Classic Collection of Award-Winning Medical Investigative Reporting (Truman Talley)
- Planning, Implementing, & Evaluating Health Promotion Programs: A Primer (6th Edition)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Introduction to Epidemiology" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.