Product DescriptionWritten for those who are familiar with the basic strategies of analytic epidemiology, Epidemiology: Beyond the Basics takes readers through a more rigorous discussion of key epidemiologic concepts and methods such as study design, measures of association, research assessment, and more. With real-life examples throughout, the book avoids complex statistical formulations and is an invaluable resource for intermediate students and practicing epidemiologists who wish to expand their knowledge of epidemiology and its role in the medical and public health sciences.
The Third Edition offers a completely revamped page design that will make it easier for your students to navigate through the many charts, graphs, and mathematical formulas. It also offers expanded chapter exercises, new and updated references throughout, as well as coverage of some new topics including:
• Over-diagnosis Bias (Ch. 4);
• "Joint Presence of Two Factors that Interact as a Confounding Variable" (Ch. 6);
• "Alternative Approaches for the Control of Confounding" (Ch. 7);
• "Final Considerations" (Ch.8);
• Decision trees (Ch. 10)
This edition also offers an updated package of instructor materials including instructor's manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and a test bank.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Applied Regression Analysis and Other Multivariable Methods
- Modern Epidemiology
- Applied Statistics and the SAS Programming Language (5th Edition)
- The Little SAS Book: A Primer, Fifth Edition
- Epidemiology: An Introduction
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Epidemiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 5e (Gordis, Epidemiology)
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology: Theory and Practice
- Regression Methods in Biostatistics: Linear, Logistic, Survival, and Repeated Measures Models (Statistics for Biology and Health)
- Environmental Health: From Global to Local (Public Health/Environmental Health)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Epidemiology: Beyond the Basics" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.