Ideal for identifying cells at the microscope, this atlas covers the basics of hematologic morphology, including examination of the peripheral blood smear, basic maturation of the blood cell lines, and discussions of a variety of clinical disorders. Over 400 photographs, schematic diagrams, and electron micrographs illustrate hematology from normal cell maturation to the development of various pathologies.
- Numerous illustrations include excellent schematic diagrams, photomicrographs, and electron micrographs.
- Introductory chapters succinctly describe the peripheral blood smear, its preparation and examination, and hematopoiesis in general.
- Coverage of cellular maturation includes schematics that illustrate the maturation of each cell line individually and highlight the cell in question.
- Descriptions for each cell type include size, reference intervals, and nuclear and cytoplasmic characteristics.
- Body Fluids chapter covers the other fluids found in the body besides blood, using images from cytocentrifuged specimens.
- White blood cell differential table shows cells found in a normal white blood cell differential.
- Overview of hematopoiesis includes a schematic drawing along with a detailed presentation of each cell, demonstrating the relationship between individual stages of hematopoiesis and the overall development scheme.
- Morphologic abnormalities are presented in chapters on erythrocytes and leukocytes, along with a schematic description of each cell, to provide correlations to various disease states.
- Coverage of common cytochemical stains, along with a summary chart for interpretation, aids in classifying malignant and benign leukoproliferative disorders.
- Spiral binding and a compact size make this book easy to use in a laboratory setting.
- NEW Normal Newborn Peripheral Blood Morphology chapter covers the normal cells found in neonatal blood.
- More examples of specific cells and disorders allow you to compare abnormal cells to each other and to normal cells, differentiating those that are similar.
- Expanded Evolve resources include case studies, study questions, links to related websites, and content updates.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
*If this is not the "Clinical Hematology Atlas, 3rd Edition
" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link
Details were last updated on May 30, 2020 21:12 PST.