Product DescriptionGlobal Health: Diseases, Programs, Systems, and Policies, Fourth Edition brings together contributions from the world's leading authorities into a single comprehensive text. It thoroughly examines the wide range of global health challenges facing low- and middle-income countries today and the various approaches nations adopt to deal with them. These challenges include measurement of health status, infectious and chronic diseases, injuries, nutrition, reproductive health, global environmental health, and complex emergencies.
The book also explores the financing and management of emerging health systems as well as the roles of nation states, international agencies, the private sector, and nongovernmental organizations in promoting health.
Designed for graduate-level students, this text provides an expansive view of today’s issues and challenges in global health and be an invaluable resource in the years to come.
Updated throughout to reflect new and emerging issues, the Fourth Edition offers:
• Five new chapters: Global Health, Human Rights and Ethics; Public Health Infrastructure; Innovation, Technology, and Design; International Trade and Health; and Global Health Governance and Diplomacy
• Contributions from leading experts in their fields in both new and existing chapters
•Case studies throughout the text provide concrete examples of key points and concepts in each chapter.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Case Studies in Global Health: Millions Saved (Texts in Essential Public Health)
- Leadership in Healthcare: Essential Values and Skills (American College of Healthcare Executives Management Series)
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics
- Economic Development
- Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health (Essential Public Health)
- Novick & Morrow's Public Health Administration: Principles for Population-Based Management
- Health Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practice (Jossey-Bass Public Health)
- Delivering Health Care in America: A Systems Approach
- Global Health Care: Issues and Policies
- Epidemiology for Public Health Practice (Friis, Epidemiology for Public Health Practice)
*If this is not the "Global Health: Diseases, Programs, Systems, and Policies" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Dec 30, 2020 08:53 PST.