Product DescriptionIntroduction to Epidemiology, Seventh Edition is a comprehensive, reader-friendly introduction to this exciting field. Designed for students with minimal training in the biomedical sciences and statistics, this text emphasizes the application of the basic principles of epidemiology according to person, place, and time factors in order to solve current, often unexpected, and serious public health problems.
Students will learn how to identify and describe public health problems, formulate research hypotheses, select appropriate research study designs, manage and analyze epidemiologic data, interpret results, and apply results in preventing and controlling disease and health-related events. Offering real-world examples in the form of case studies and news files in each chapter, Introduction to Epidemiology is an accessible and effective approach to learning epidemiology.
The Seventh Edition is a thorough revision that offers:
• Updated tables, figures and examples throughout
• Greater emphasis on epidemiology in international settings, causality, and disease transmission
• Real-world public health problems involving both infectious and chronic diseases and conditions
- Introduction to Epidemiology
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice: A Guidebook for Role Development and Professional Issues
- Statistics for Nursing: A Practical Approach
- Clinical Biostatistics and Epidemiology Made Ridiculously Simple
- Pandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond
- Initiating and Sustaining the Clinical Nurse Leader Role: A Practical Guide
- Statistics in Medicine, Third Edition
- Principles of Epidemiology Workbook: Exercises and Activities
- Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas, 8e
- Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination: An Interprofessional Approach, 9e (Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination)
- Community as Partner: Theory and Practice in Nursing (Anderson, Community as Partner)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Introduction to Epidemiology" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.