The leading introductory textbook on geriatrics – completely updated and revised
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics is an engagingly written, up-to-date introductory guide to the core topics in geriatric medicine. Since 1984, its goal has remained unchanged: to help clinicians do a better job of caring for their older patients. You will find thorough and authoritative coverage of all the important issues in geriatrics, along with concise, practical guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders most commonly encountered in an elderly patient.
Presented in full-color, this classic features a strong focus on the field’s must-know concepts, from the nature of clinical aging to differential diagnosis of important geriatric syndromes to drug therapy and health services. The Eighth Edition has been completely revised to provide the most current updates on the assessment and management of geriatric care.
• Numerous tables and figures that summarize conditions, values, mechanisms, therapeutics, and more
• Thorough coverage of preventive services and disease screening
• Eight chapters devoted to general management strategies
• Important chapters on ethical issues and palliative care
• Appendix of Internet resources on geriatrics
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics, Eighth Edition is the best resource available to help healthcare professionals provide the innovative, cost-effective, and person-centered care that older people and their caregivers deserve.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
- Advanced Practice Nursing in the Care of Older Adults
- The Surgical Review: An Integrated Basic and Clinical Science Study Guide
- Learning Radiology: Recognizing the Basics, 3e
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review, Third Edition: Fast Facts and Practice Questions (Book + App)
- Rapid Interpretation of EKG's, Sixth Edition
- Advanced Practice Nursing: An Integrative Approach, 5e
- Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination and Practice Preparation
- History and Physical Exam Pocketcard Set
- Berkowitz's Pediatrics: A Primary Care Approach
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics, Eighth Edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.