The leading introductory textbook on geriatrics – completely updated and revised
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics is an engagingly written, up-to-date introductory guide to the core topics in geriatric medicine. Since 1984, its goal has remained unchanged: to help clinicians do a better job of caring for their older patients. You will find thorough and authoritative coverage of all the important issues in geriatrics, along with concise, practical guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders most commonly encountered in an elderly patient.
Presented in full-color, this classic features a strong focus on the field’s must-know concepts, from the nature of clinical aging to differential diagnosis of important geriatric syndromes to drug therapy and health services. The Eighth Edition has been completely revised to provide the most current updates on the assessment and management of geriatric care.
• Numerous tables and figures that summarize conditions, values, mechanisms, therapeutics, and more
• Thorough coverage of preventive services and disease screening
• Eight chapters devoted to general management strategies
• Important chapters on ethical issues and palliative care
• Appendix of Internet resources on geriatrics
Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics, Eighth Edition is the best resource available to help healthcare professionals provide the innovative, cost-effective, and person-centered care that older people and their caregivers deserve.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Geriatrics at Your Fingertips 2017
- Medical Imaging for the Health Care Provider: Practical Radiograph Interpretation
- Essential Procedures for Emergency, Urgent, and Primary Care Settings, Second Edition: A Clinical Companion
- Geriatrics at Your Fingertips 2018
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 19/E (Vol.1 & Vol.2)
- How We Do Harm: A Doctor Breaks Ranks About Being Sick in America
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review, Third Edition: Fast Facts and Practice Questions (Book + Free App)
- Advanced Pediatric Assessment, Second Edition
- CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2018, 57th Edition
- Nursing Ethics and Professional Responsibility in Advanced Practice
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Essentials of Clinical Geriatrics, Eighth Edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.