A New York Times bestseller!
An Amazon Best Books of 2014 selection
"If you're reading this, it means I'm already dead. Just kidding."
In 2009, at thirty years old, Bryan Bishop's life was right on track. Known to millions as "Bald Bryan," the sidekick and soundman on the record-setting podcast, The Adam Carolla Show, his radio career was taking off. He was newly engaged. Then, he and his fiancée Christie were delivered a crushing blow when he was diagnosed with a brain stem glioma―an inoperable brain tumor. Suddenly Bryan's promising future was transformed into a grueling schedule of radiation and chemotherapy while facing his mortality.
In this poignant narrative that is alternately heartbreaking and hysterical, Bishop shares the surreal experiences of writing his will with the bravado of a pulp novelist, taking chemo in a strip club, and (technically) the closest he ever got to achieving his lifelong dream of a threesome―when a physical therapist had to show his wife how to bathe him in the shower during his weakened state.
Whether recounting his search for the most aggressive form of treatment, how radiation treatment jeopardized his ability to (literally) walk down the aisle or even smile for his wedding photos, or recalling the time his wife inadvertently drugged him in a pool in Maui, Bishop's inimitable voice radiates through his story.
As the author celebrates how treatment shrunk his tumor and gave him a new lease on life, Shrinkage reveals the resilience of the human spirit―and the power of laughter―during even the darkest times.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Fitness Confidential
- In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks: . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy
- Daddy, Stop Talking!: And Other Things My Kids Want But Won't Be Getting
- President Me: The America That's in My Head
- I'm Your Emotional Support Animal: Navigating Our All Woke, No Joke Culture
- Not Taco Bell Material
- Eat Happy, Too: 160+ New Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes Made from Real Foods for a Joyful Life
- Eat Happy: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes Made from Real Foods For A Joyful Life
*If this is not the "Shrinkage: Manhood, Marriage, and the Tumor That Tried to Kill Me" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 11, 2020 08:04 PST.