In this pulse-pounding medical memoir, trauma surgeon James Cole takes readers straight into the ER, where anything can and does happen
TRAUMA is Dr. Cole's harrowing account of his life spent in the ER and on the battlegrounds, fighting to save lives. In addition to his gripping stories of treating victims of gunshot wounds, stabbings, attempted suicides, flesh-eating bacteria, car crashes, industrial accidents, murder, and war, the book also covers the years during Cole's residency training when he was faced with 120-hour work weeks, excessive sleep deprivation, and the pressures of having to manage people dying of traumatic injury, often with little support.
Unlike the authors of other medical memoirs, Cole trained to be a surgeon in the military and served as a physician member of a Marine Corps reconnaissance unit, United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), and on a Navy Reserve SEAL team. From treating war casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq to his experiences as a civilian trauma surgeon treating alcoholics, drug addicts, criminals, and the mentally deranged, TRAUMA is an intense look at one man's commitment to his country and to those most desperately in need of aid.
- Used Book in Good Condition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Confessions of a Surgeon: The Good, the Bad, and the Complicated...Life Behind the O.R. Doors
- Trauma Room Two
- Hot Lights, Cold Steel: Life, Death and Sleepless Nights in a Surgeon's First Years
- The Real Grey's Anatomy: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Real Lives of Surgical Residents
- Last Night in the OR: A Transplant Surgeon's Odyssey
- On Call: A Doctor's Days and Nights in Residency
- Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science
- Miracles & Mayhem in the ER: Unbelievable True Stories from an Emergency Room Doctor
- Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance
- Blue Collar, Blue Scrubs: The Making of a Surgeon
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Trauma: My Life as an Emergency Surgeon" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.