Product Description“Creagan responsibly and compassionately covers the many steps readers can take to give themselves the best odds of surviving or avoiding cancer and other diseases.”— Publishers Weekly
The facts are clear. If you want to be healthy for life
-Learn to talk so your doctor will listen.
-Understand every diagnosis—and realize that you can survive bad news.
-Follow Dr. Ed’s 8 simple commandments for living well—and you’ll live long enough to cash in your 401(k).
-Separate hype from hope, especially with perplexing medical headlines and confusing Internet information.
-Get insight into what your doctor wasn’t taught in medical school.
-Combine the best of traditional and complementary treatments.
Dr. Edward Creagan has been treating very sick patients for more than 35 years. This book is not just about lifestyle choices, although these are important aspects of Dr. Creagan’s healthy living plan. It is about using your precious minutes in the exam room (the average doctor visit is about 16 minutes), forging the right kind of relationship with your care providers (because that world is changing quickly), and understanding and using the health care system—instead of having the system use (and often abuse) you.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- You Don't Look Sick!: Living Well With Chronic Invisible Illness
- On Death and Dying: What the Dying Have to Teach Doctors, Nurses, Clergy and Their Own Families
- Wellness Coaching for Lasting Lifestyle Change - Second Edition
- Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3-to-1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life
- The Wisdom of the Whole: Coaching for Joy, Health, and Success
- The Mindful Coach: Seven Roles for Facilitating Leader Development
- Integral Life Practice: A 21st-Century Blueprint for Physical Health, Emotional Balance, Mental Clarity, and Spiritual Awakening
- A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last
- Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward
- Wind and Water: Your Personal Feng Shui Journey
*If this is not the "How Not to Be My Patient: A Physician's Secrets for Staying Healthy and Surviving Any Diagnosis" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Oct 17, 2020 04:48 PST.