Product DescriptionA foundational textbook on the scientific principles of therapeutic herbalism and their application in medicine
â€˘ A complete handbook for the medical practitioner
â€˘ Includes the most up-to-date information on preparations, dosage, and contraindications
â€˘ By the author of The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal
Medical Herbalism contains comprehensive information concerning the identification and use of medicinal plants by chemical structure and physiological effect, the art and science of making herbal medicine, the limitations and potential of viewing herbs chemically, and the challenge to current research paradigms posed by complex plant medicines. It also includes information on toxicology and contraindications, the issues involved in determining dosage and formulation types for an individual, guides to the different measurement systems and conversion tables, and the pros and cons of both industrial and traditional techniques.
With additional sections devoted to the principles of green medicine, the history of Western Herbalism, the variety of other medical modalities using medicinal plants, an extensive resource directory, and a discussion of treatments organized by body system, Medical Herbalism is the comprehensive textbook all students and practitioners of clinical herbalism need to develop their healing practices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual
- The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism: Basic Doctrine, Energetics, and Classification
- The Earthwise Herbal, Volume I: A Complete Guide to Old World Medicinal Plants
- The Book of Herbal Wisdom: Using Plants as Medicines
- Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief
- Making Plant Medicine
- The Modern Herbal Dispensatory: A Medicine-Making Guide
- The Earthwise Herbal, Volume II: A Complete Guide to New World Medicinal Plants
- Botany in a Day: The Patterns Method of Plant Identification
- Herbal Medicine from the Heart of the Earth
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Medical Herbalism: The Science Principles and Practices Of Herbal Medicine" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.