Winner, Third Place, AJN Book of the Year Awards 2014, Advanced Practice Nursing
"Both editors have done a wonderful job in building upon the previous versions of this book to create an exceptionally comprehensive resource... Healthcare continues to evolve at an extremely fast pace and it is with excellent resources like this that primary care providers can continue to provide quality care." Score: 100, 5 stars--Doody's Medical Reviews
Praise for the Second Edition:
"This textbook provides comprehensive coverage of primary care disorders in an easy-to-read format and contains invaluable step-by-step instructions for evaluating and managing primary care patients. . . [It] belongs in every NP and PA's reference library. I highly recommend this wonderful textbook."
-Maria T. Leik, MSN, FNP-BC, ANP-BC, GNP-BC
President, National ARNP Services, Inc.
"Family Practice Guidelines is an excellent resource for the busy clinician. It offers succinct, comprehensive information in an easy format that is particularly useful for quick reference. This text is useful for general practice settings as well as specialty care."
-Anne Moore, APN; WHNP/ANP-BC; FAANP
This is a comprehensive family practice resource for primary care clinicians, providing current national practice guidelines for a high-quality standard of care for patients across the life span in outpatient settings. It includes individual care guidelines for adult, child, pregnant, and geriatric patients; health promotion and dietary information; procedure guidelines; national resources; and comprehensive patient teaching guides. This third edition includes updated national treatment guidelines throughout, including the most recent cardiology guidelines (JNC 8), seven new protocols, revised procedure guidelines a new chapter on pain management guidelines for patients with opioid addiction, and patient teaching sheets in print and PDF formats.
The guide includes 268 disorder guidelines organized by body system, presented in outline format for easy access. Each disorder includes definition, incidence, pathogenesis, predisposing factors, common complaints, signs/symptoms, subjective data, physical exam and diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, plan of care including medications, and follow-up care. Of special note are highlighted "Practice Pointers" containing critical information and "Individual Considerations" at the end of each disorder that provide specialty care points for pediatric, pregnant, and geriatric populations.
This resource includes:
- 151 Patient Teaching Guides
- 19 Procedure guidelines
- Routine health maintenance guidelines
- Appendices covering special diets, normal lab values, and dental issues
- Family Practice Guidelines
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Advanced Assessment: Interpreting Findings and Formulating Differential Diagnoses
- Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 4e
- Advanced Practice Nursing in the Care of Older Adults
- Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 5e
- Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Primary Care: Art and Science of Advanced Practice Nursing
- Pediatric Primary Care, 5e (Burns, Pediatric Primary Care)
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review: Fast Facts and Practice Questions, Second Edition
- Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination And Practice Preparation
- Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History-Taking - Eleventh Edition
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Family Practice Guidelines, Third Edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.