This quick reference guide to ear, nose, and throat questions is easy to navigate to search for specific diseases. The book breaks down each branch of the specialty of otolaryngology and enables readers to easily find the body system they are interested in. The outline style also allows readers to quickly search a page for the information they need... This is a very useful book. I plan to use it regularly and I would recommend it to colleagues."--Doody's Medical Reviews
The only text of its kind for practicing clinicians, Quick Reference Guide: Otolaryngology is a comprehensive, quick-access reference written specifically for nurses, physician's assistants, and medical students. Not only is it useful as a pithy reference guide for clinicians, it is a learning system designed to foster retention and comprehension, and an in-depth review for written boards and ENT certification. The book is authored by a nurse practitioner with two practicing otolaryngologists, who are among the most highly respected professionals in their fields, as consultants.
The guide is consistently organized by anatomical region and contains, for each topic, easy-to-follow tables, charts, diagrams, and algorithms to guide in the work-up, differential diagnosis, diagnostic methods, medical therapy, and treatment alternatives. The text includes procedure protocols used in clinical settings and staging criteria for common cancer diagnoses. Another important feature is the guide's overview of surgical management for specific conditions. Topics are covered on a "need-to-know" basis for written boards and certification review.
- Provides key differential diagnosis guidelines
- Includes fifteen 'how-to' Procedure Protocols used in clinical settings and Staging Criteria for eight of the more common cancer diagnoses
- Presents Overview of Surgical Management for specific conditions
- Serves as a concise reference guide and review for written boards and ENT certification
- Designed for clinicians in general practice, those entering the ENT field, and for use as a diagnosis guide for referral purposes
- Includes six videos illustrating actual procedures, including nasal endoscopy, flexible laryngoscopy, and others
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- ENT Secrets, 4e
- Color Atlas of ENT Diagnosis
- CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Third Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series)
- KJ Lee's Essential Otolaryngology, 11th edition
- Telephone Triage for Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck Nurses
- Oxford American Handbook of Otolaryngology (Oxford American Handbooks of Medicine)
- The APRN’s Complete Guide to Prescribing Drug Therapy 2018
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery: Clinical Reference Guide, Fifth Edition
- The 3-Minute Musculoskeletal & Peripheral Nerve Exam
- Handbook of Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Quick Reference for Otolaryngology: Guide for APRNs, PAs, and Other Healthcare Practitioners" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.