Product DescriptionCancer Pharmacology: An Illustrated Manual of Anticancer Drugs provides a one-stop guide to the essential basic and clinical science of all the effective, life-prolonging drug therapies in oncology. From traditional cytotoxic agents to targeted genomic, epigenomic, hormonal, and immunotherapeutic agents, this pharmacology book covers the staggering advances in cancer pharmacology that are propelling new standards of care for common and uncommon malignancies.
Beautifully illustrated throughout, each chapter in this cancer pharmacology guide contains visually engaging figures detailing the tumor microenvironment, chemical structures of agents, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacogenomic, and molecular properties of the various agents, and their mechanisms of action. As the first illustrated book of its kind, this highly visual text uses a uniform approach to each cancer drug class and agent presented in the book, and covers alkylating agents, antimetabolites, antimitotics, epigenetic modulators, hormonal agents, targeted therapies, monoclonal antibodies, immunotherapeutic agents, and much more.
Flow diagrams, clinical tables, and bulleted text further explain important information pertaining to each cancer drug class including their indications, mechanisms of action, potential adverse reactions, dosing and dose adjustments, and safety monitoring. Organized in an easy-to-digest format and replete with detailed images, clinical pearls, and end of chapter Q&As, this evidence-based reference presents all major classes, agents, targets, and approaches to oncology pharmacotherapy.
- Includes visual depictions of chemical structures, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics associated with each class of agents
- Describes how chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy, work and why they are expected to work adjuvantly, neoadjuvantly, and in combination with other modalities
- Over 135 highly stylized images and numerous comprehensive tables
- Covers challenges related to drug development, drug approval and regulatory issues in relation to anticancer treatments
- All chapters conclude with clinical pearls and detailed clinical Q&As with descriptive rationales
- Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers
- Publisher: Springer Publishing
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Hematology Board Review: Blueprint Study Guide and Q&A (Book + Free App)
- Drug Information Handbook for Oncology
- DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology
- Abeloff's Clinical Oncology
- Handbook of Benign Hematology
- Oxford Textbook of Cancer Biology (Oxford Textbooks in Oncology)
- SITC’s Guide to Managing Immunotherapy Toxicity
- Oncology Board Review, Second Edition (Book + Free App)
- Biostatistics for Oncologists
- Cancer Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy Review: Study Guide for Oncology Boards and MOC Exams
*If this is not the "Cancer Pharmacology: An Illustrated Manual of Anticancer Drugs (Paperback) - Highly Rated Pharmacolo" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Sep 27, 2022 16:11 +08.