First Edition Named a 2013 Doody’s Core Title!
First Edition Second Place AJN Book-of-the-Year Award Winner in Maternal and Child Health!
With more women than ever seeking obstetric triage and emergency services in obstetric triage units, obstetric providers need to be aware of triage assessment and evaluation protocols. This prize-winning pocket guide, containing management guidelines for obstetric triage/emergency settings, delivers critical information on obstetrics, midwifery, emergency, and family care for both students and seasoned clinicians. As with the first edition, all of the newly revised chapters take a strong collaborative and interprofessional approach to clinical conditions in the obstetric triage setting.
With specific clinical protocols for more than 30 clinical situations, this fully updated second edition includes two completely new chapters on sepsis in pregnancy and triage acuity tools, along with updated guidelines for hypertension, sepsis, and postpartum complications. Each protocol comprises presenting symptomatology, patient history and data collection, physical exam findings, laboratory and imaging studies, differential diagnosis, and clinical management protocol/follow up. Plentiful figures and images, reference tables and standardized forms for reference and usage, algorithms, and clinical pathways illustrate chapter content. Esteemed contributors include midwives, nurse practitioners, obstetricians, gynecologists, and maternal fetal medicine faculty who evaluate nearly 30,000 OB visits per year.
New to the Second Edition:
- New chapters on sepsis in pregnancy and triage acuity tools
- Key updates on ectopic pregnancy, nausea and hyperemesis in pregnancy, severe preeclampsia, sexually transmitted and other infections, substance abuse, and psychiatric disorders in pregnancy
- Expanded information on periviable obstetric management
- Information on Zika and Ebola
- Clinical callouts in each chapter highlighting key points
- Enhanced narrative protocols
- Provides interprofessional triage protocol guidance for ED and OB triage settings
- Delivers protocols and guidelines for over 30 emergent care situations
- Includes plentiful diagnostic and imaging guidelines with accompanying figures
- Formatted consistently for quick access
- Offers algorithms, protocols, diagnostic imaging, and best evidence for each condition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Midwifery & Women's Health Nurse Practitioner Certification Review Guide
- The Labor Progress Handbook: Early Interventions to Prevent and Treat Dystocia
- Williams Obstetrics, 25th Edition
- Maternal, Fetal, & Neonatal Physiology: A Clinical Perspective (Maternal Fetal and Neonatal Physiology)
- Pharmacology for Women's Health
- Telephone Triage for Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care: A Woman-Centered Approach
- AWHONN's High-Risk & Critical Care Obstetrics
- Mosby's Pocket Guide to Fetal Monitoring: A Multidisciplinary Approach (Nursing Pocket Guides)
*If this is not the "Obstetric Triage and Emergency Care Protocols, Second Edition" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Nov 28, 2021 17:39 +08.