“The third edition is an invaluable reference book for the novice perioperative nurse or surgical technologist. For someone studying for the CNOR, this is a tremendous resource book and study guide.”
--The AORN Journal, December 2008
This pocket guide presents more than 500 surgical procedures! State-of-the-art revisions familiarize the reader with new standards of excellence for care of the surgical patient in the perioperative environment. For each procedure, you’ll find a definition • discussion • description of the surgery • preparation of the patient • skin preparation • draping technique • instrumentation • supplies • and special notes pertinent to that surgery.
Comprehensive patient care is addressed, including psychological care of the patient in surgery • safety measures for the patient and perioperative personnel • the written record of intra-, pre- and postoperative care • The Joint Commission’s Universal Protocol and AORN’s standards and recommended practices, (including correct site and laterality considerations).
Its in-depth coverage also encompasses charting as a legal document • patient teaching • detailed surgical patient positioning with drawings • anesthesia and anesthetic agents • laser application • robotics • endoscopy (including laparoscopic, hysteroscopic, thoracoscopic, and arthroscopic procedures) • microsurgery (including microendoscopy and microneuroendoscopy) • harmonic scalpel • argon beam coagulator • special considerations for the pediatric patient in surgery, (including anesthesia modifications and surgical procedures).
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- LANGE Q&A Surgical Technology Examination, Seventh Edition
- Surgical Notes: A Pocket Survival Guide for the Operating Room (Davis's Notes)
- Surgical Technology: Principles and Practice
- Workbook for Surgical Technology: Principles and Practice
- Pocket Guide to the Operating Room (Pocket Guide to Operating Room)
- Atlas of Human Anatomy, 4th Edition (Netter Basic Science)
- WonderWink Men's Wonderwork Unisex Scrub Cap, Black, One Size
- Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery
*If this is not the "Pocket Guide to the Operating Room" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Apr 11, 2021 12:12 PST.