Product DescriptionA job is never just a job. It is always connected to a deep and invisible process of finding meaning in life through work.
In Thomas Moore’s groundbreaking book Care of the Soul, he wrote of “the great malady of the twentieth century…the loss of soul.” That bestselling work taught readers ways to cultivate depth, genuineness, and soulfulness in their everyday lives, and became a beloved classic. Now, in A Life’s Work, Moore turns to an aspect of our lives that looms large in our self-regard, an aspect by which we may even define ourselves—our work. The workplace, Moore knows, is a laboratory where matters of soul are worked out. A Life’s Work is about finding the right job, yes, and it is also about uncovering and becoming the person you were meant to be.
Moore reveals the quest to find a life’s work in all its depth and mystery. All jobs, large and small, long-term and temporary, he writes, contribute to your life’s work. A particular job may be important because of the emotional rewards it offers or for the money. But beneath the surface, your labors are shaping your destiny for better or worse. If you ignore the deeper issues, you may not know the nature of your calling, and if you don’t do work that connects with your deep soul, you may always be dissatisfied, not only in your choice of work but in all other areas of life. Moore explores the often difficult process—the obstacles, blocks, and hardships of our own making—that we go through on our way to discovering our purpose, and reveals the joy that is our reward. He teaches us patience, models the necessary powers of reflection, and gives us the courage to keep going.
A Life’s Work is a beautiful rumination, realistic and poignant, and a comforting and exhilarating guide to one of life’s biggest dilemmas and one of its greatest opportunities.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Re-enchantment of Everyday Life
- A Religion of One's Own: A Guide to Creating a Personal Spirituality in a Secular World
- Original Self: Living with Paradox and Originality
- Care of the Soul, Twenty-fifth Anniversary Ed: A Guide for Cultivating Depth and Sacredness in Everyday Life
- Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation
- Crossing the Unknown Sea: Work as a Pilgrimage of Identity
- Dark Nights of the Soul: A Guide to Finding Your Way Through Life's Ordeals
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2020: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
- Soul Mates: Honoring the Mysteries of Love and Relationship
- Ageless Soul: The Lifelong Journey Toward Meaning and Joy
*If this is not the "A Life at Work: The Joy of Discovering What You Were Born to Do" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link. Details were last updated on Oct 2, 2022 21:41 +08.