Product DescriptionFor a time of growing concern about living well with serious illness and getting the best possible end-of-life care, Life After the Diagnosis delivers a compassionate and sensitive guide for patients, families, and caregivers.
In Life After the Diagnosis, Dr. Steven Z. Pantilat, a renowned international expert in palliative care, shares innovative approaches for dealing with serious illness, outlines the steps that patients should take, and demystifies the medical system. He makes sense of what doctors say, what they actually mean, and how to get the best information to help make the best medical decisions. Dr. Pantilat covers everything from the first steps after the diagnosis and finding the right caregiving and support, to planning your future so your loved ones don't have to. He offers advice on how to tackle the most difficult treatment decisions and discussions and shows readers how to choose treatments that help more than they hurt, stay consistent with their values and personal goals, and live as well as possible for as long as possible.
- Life After the Diagnosis Expert Advice on Living Well with Serious Illness for Patients and Caregivers
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Extreme Measures: Finding a Better Path to the End of Life
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care
- Awake at the Bedside: Contemplative Teachings on Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- Living with Cancer: A Step-by-Step Guide for Coping Medically and Emotionally with a Serious Diagnosis (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- Dying Well: Peace and Possibilities at the End of Life
- The Best Care Possible: A Physician's Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life
- How to Get the Death You Want: A Practical and Moral Guide
- The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully
- The Four Things That Matter Most - 10th Anniversary Edition: A Book About Living
- Slow Medicine: The Way to Healing
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Life after the Diagnosis: Expert Advice on Living Well with Serious Illness for Patients and Caregivers" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.