Product DescriptionA renowned expert in palliative care, who is featured in the Netflix documentary, End Game, Dr. Pantilat delivers a compassionate and sensitive guide to living well with serious illness.
In Life After the Diagnosis, Dr. Steven Z. Pantilat, a renowned international expert in palliative care demystifies the medical system for patients and their families. He makes sense of what doctors say, what they actually mean, and how to get the best information to help make the best medical decisions. Dr. Pantilat covers everything from the first steps after the diagnosis and finding the right caregiving and support, to planning your future so your loved ones don't have to. He offers advice on how to tackle the most difficult treatment decisions and discussions and shows readers how to choose treatments that help more than they hurt, stay consistent with their values and personal goals, and live as well as possible for as long as possible.
- Da Capo Lifelong Books
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care
- Living with Cancer: A Step-by-Step Guide for Coping Medically and Emotionally with a Serious Diagnosis (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- Extreme Measures: Finding a Better Path to the End of Life
- Awake at the Bedside: Contemplative Teachings on Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- The Four Things That Matter Most - 10th Anniversary Edition: A Book About Living
- Dying Well: Peace and Possibilities at the End of Life
- Hundreds of Interlaced Fingers: A Kidney Doctor's Search for the Perfect Match
- The Human Side of Cancer: Living with Hope, Coping with Uncertainty
- Final Journeys: A Practical Guide for Bringing Care and Comfort at the End of Life
- Dying: A Memoir
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Life after the Diagnosis: Expert Advice on Living Well with Serious Illness for Patients and Caregivers" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.