Product DescriptionWhat you need to know to have the best birth experience for you. Drawing upon her thirty-plus years of experience, Ina May Gaskin, the nation’s leading midwife, shares the benefits and joys of natural childbirth by showing women how to trust in the ancient wisdom of their bodies for a healthy and fulfilling birthing experience. Based on the female-centered Midwifery Model of Care, Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth gives expectant mothers comprehensive information on everything from the all-important mind-body connection to how to give birth without technological intervention.
Filled with inspiring birth stories and practical advice, this invaluable resource includes:
• Reducing the pain of labor without drugs--and the miraculous roles touch and massage play
• What really happens during labor
• Orgasmic birth--making birth pleasurable
• Episiotomy--is it really necessary?
• Common methods of inducing labor--and which to avoid at all costs
• Tips for maximizing your chances of an unmedicated labor and birth
• How to avoid postpartum bleeding--and depression
• The risks of anesthesia and cesareans--what your doctor
doesn’t necessarily tell you
• The best ways to work with doctors and/or birth care providers
• How to create a safe, comfortable environment for
birth in any setting, including a hospital
• And much more
Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth takes the fear out of childbirth by restoring women’s faith in their own natural power to give birth with more ease, less pain, and less medical intervention.
- Random House
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding: From the Nation's Leading Midwife
- Birth Partner 5th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Partners, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way: Revised Edition
- Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation
- Spiritual Midwifery
- The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Childbirth Without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding: Completely Revised and Updated 8th Edition
- HypnoBirthing, Fourth Edition: The natural approach to safer, easier, more comfortable birthing - The Mongan Method, 4th Edition
- Husband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.